Kiwicon is the fourth best technical computer security conference in the Australia-Pacific region but remains triumphant as New Zealand's best (only) hacker conference. Organised by a masochistic cabal of the security community, Kiwicon attempts to bring together the commercial infosec industry, academics, students, and hobbyist hackers to discover the new, the interesting, and technologically crackin'.
First run in 2007, by now Kiwicon has gained reputation, size, and an extra cleaning run for the men's toilets. Attendance in 2014 was around 1300 people (although we do not claim all of them are paying attention) plus 30 or so speakers, staff and crue.
- 2007.kiwicon.org - "Share The Knowledge"
- 2008.kiwicon.org - "Two Cons, One Vision"
- 2009.kiwicon.org - "Kiwicon III: Army of Darkness"
- 2010.kiwicon.org - "The four e:Sheep-persons of the Cyber Infopocalypse"
- 2011.kiwicon.org - "It Goes b00m"
- 2012.kiwicon.org - "The Con of the Beast"
- 2013.kiwicon.org - "Cyberfriends"
- 2014.kiwicon.org - "It's always 1989 in Computer Security"